A few tips for our upcoming field trip next week:
Here is a list of things for your students to bring with you:
- Water bottle (Water at Baxter’s interpretive centre is potable and water bottles can be refilled at the sinks.)
- Litterless lunch (We ask all groups to pack out any garbage they bring in with them. We DO NOT sell food onsite)
- Rubber boots (Necessary if it is raining.)
- Rain gear (Just in case!)
The RVCA and local Health Unit recommend the following things for visits to any natural area:
- Long light coloured pants and long-sleeved shirts in lightweight fabric for breathability
- Closed-toed shoes
- DEET based insect repellent
- Sunscreen and hat
- Checking yourself for ticks when you return home: Carefully inspect yourself for any ticks, starting at your ankles and moving up. Take special care around your knees, armpits and head.
- For more information, visit http://ottawa.ca/en/residents/
public-health/disease-and- medical-conditions/lyme- disease
I will be calling parent volunteers on Tuesday.